Admission for International StudentsPrint
The provided information is based on frequently asked questions and is not exhaustive. The detailed procedure and conditions of foreign citizens’ enrolment on a Bachelor program, specialist and master’s degree programs are established by RANEPA Regulations of Admission.
A foreign citizen is a person who is not the citizen of the Russian Federation and has citizenship of a foreign country. In case of Russian Federation citizenship together with the foreign citizenship the Russian Federation citizenship is to declare in the application form.
Foreign citizens can apply to RANEPA for programs of higher education in two ways:
- In the general order according to the Regulations of Admission to RANEPA (on a budgetary or contract basis).
- Within the quota of the Russian Federation Government for foreign citizens (on a budgetary basis).
The differences of enrollments within the quota or in the general order you can find here.
The application in general order
- All foreigners regardless of citizenship have rights to enter RANEPA on a contractual basis. In this case, it is not necessary to provide the additional documents mentioned below in item.
- The right to apply on a budgetary basis given to:
- 2.1. Citizens of foreign countries:
- 2.1.1. The Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan (no additional requirements).
- 2.1.2. The Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Moldova, the Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Georgia, the Republic of Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, the Republic of Estonia (There are additional requirements established by the international treaty of the Russian Federation with the relevant state. They usually specified requirements for residence permit in Russian Federation).
- 2.2. Compatriots (regardless of the citizenship). To apply for education as a compatriot it is necessary to submit documents (other proofs) to RANEPA confirming:
- Regarding the applicant’s parents:
- citizenship of the USSR (usually, birth certificate of the USSR, passport of the USSR);
- current citizenship (usually, foreign passport);
- current residence abroad (usually, the passport with a stamp in the column "Place of residence", official extracts, references, etc.);
- Regarding descendant of compatriot (applicant):
- Documents, which prove a relationship with the above-mentioned person (usually, a birth certificate, passport with a stamp in the column “Children”);
- current residence abroad (usually, the passport with a stamp in the column "Place of residence", official extracts, references, etc.).
- Regarding the applicant’s parents:
The foreign citizens who have a right to enter RANEPA on a budgetary basis can apply at the same time both on the budgetary basis and on the contractual basis.
- 3.To apply for RANEPA on a contractual and (or) budgetary basis it is necessary to submit the following documents within the terms established by the Regulations of Admission:
- application form;
- a document identifying personality (or its copy);
- a document certifying the level of previous education with the supplement (or its copy);
any documents confirming individual achievements, established by the Regulations of Admission (presented at the discretion of an applicant);
- 2 photos of 3х4 cm (for applicants who enter RANEPA not by results of the Unified State Exam, but by results of the examinations held by RANEPA).
- 3.1. During the enrollment on a budgetary basis a foreign citizen provides additional documents for compatriots (see above items 2.2) and for citizens of the countries stated above in items 2.1.2.
If a foreign citizen submits the document certifying the level of previous education received not in the Russian Federation, but in the foreign state, then one has to undergo the procedure of recognition directly in RANEPA. In case of submission of the certificate of the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science (Rosobrnadzor) on recognition of foreign education the RANEPA procedure of recognition is not required. The more detailed information on the procedure of recognition in RANEPA you can find here.
The documents processed in a foreign language should be provided with the notarized translation into Russian.
If the foreign citizen arrives on a bachelor' or specialist degree program on intramural and extramural forms of education, then the above-stated documents need to be submitted within the following terms:
- from June 20 to July 26 – for enrollment by results of the Unified State Exam
- from June 20 to July 10 – for enrollment not by results of the Unified State Exam, but by results of the examinations held by Academy.
- from June 20 to July 12 – for enrollment on 42.03.02 Journalism and 54.03.01 Design.
If a foreign citizen applies on a contractual basis, one takes 2 examinations in RANEPA in the form of testing or reports the results of the Unified State Exam (at the choice of an applicant).
If a foreign citizen applies on a budgetary basis, one takes 3 examinations in Academy in the form of testing or reports the results of the Unified State Exam (at the choice of an applicant). You can find the list of entrance tests here.
Programs of the examinations held by RANEPA are accessible here. The schedule of the examinations held by RANEPA (with the exact indication of the address, audience and time of carrying out) will be published no later than June 1
Attention! In case of successful passing of the examination and enrolling RANEPA, foreigners should submit relevant documents according to the migration legislation of the Russian Federation. To obtain more detailed information, it is necessary to contact the faculty coordinator on work with foreign students.
On the issue of the enrollment of foreign citizens, please, contact:
The Admission committee concerning bachelor’s and specialist degree programs:
Phone: +7 499 270-29-47, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Admission subcommittee of the faculty concerning master’s degree programs.
Department of a postgraduate study and doctoral studies concerning the postgraduate study.
If a foreigner applies for bachelor’s, specialist and master’s degree programs on a contractual basis, one should submit the documents to the Admission subcommittees of the faculties or institutions.
The application within the quota
Admission for foreigners, stateless people and compatriots living abroad to study at the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (hereinafter RANEPA) at the expense of the federal budget allocations within the quota established by the Government of the Russian Federation (October 8, 2013) № 891 «On Fixing an Education Quota for Foreign Nationals and Stateless Citizens in the Russian Federation» is carried out by RANEPA in the 2019/20 academic year to the following programs for bachelor, master, scientific and pedagogical personnel in postgraduate course.
- To apply to RANEPA within the quota it is necessary to submit the following documents in soft copy:
- Application form represented on the RANEPA web site
- A copy of passport or identity document (ID)
- A certificate on the absence of any medical contraindication to study in the Russian Federation
- HIV/AIDS negative certificate
- A photo
Documents issued in a foreign language are provided with a translation into Russian, notarized in the Russian Federation or by the Russian Consulate in a foreign state (notarized translation of documents is allowed for the following countries).
The application form for admission within the quota, as well as information about the methods of submitting documents in the 2019/20 academic year, will be published on this page before the start of the admission.
- Applicants pass the entrance test in the form of an interview (interview program). Interviews are held as groups are formed from among the persons who have submitted the necessary documents.
- The lists of applicants recommended for admission based on the results of the entrance test will be sent by the RANEPA Admission Committee to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation to issue referrals (certificates) for education within the quota.
- Enrollment to RANEPA will be carried out after the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation issues a referral for education and the applicant provides the necessary documents (a list of the necessary documents will be sent to the email of the applicants recommended for admission).
Applicants will be informed about the date and time of the entrance test, as well as about recommendations for enrollment or refusal of enrollment by sending the relevant information to the email address indicated in the application form.
Dates of admission in the 2019/20 academic year:
- The start of accepting documents - February 11, 2019
- The end of accepting documents - May 20, 2019
- The term of the entrance examinations - from February 18, 2019, to June 20, 2019
Department for Educational Policy:
Phone: +7 499 956-98-50, Email: email@example.com
Personal reception on quota questions is held: from Tuesday to Thursday from 14.00 to 17.00 in room 1405 (building 9). To get a pass to RANEPA, it is necessary to send to the mentioned email address full name and exact date of the visit 2 days in advance.