Joint Declaration of G20 Trade and Digital Economy Ministers
On 8-9 June 2019, G20 Ministers of Trade and Digital Economy held a meeting in Ibaraki, Japan. The parties discuessed various topics and presented a joint declaration.
The topics for discussion included:
- Free-flow of information;
- Human-centered AI-Development;
- Digital technologies in governance;
- Digital security;
- SDGs implementation, inclusiveness and digital development;
- WTO reform;
- Trade and investments for growth.
The final declaration included proposal for the G20 Principles on AI. The parties agreed on basic principles of national policy on AI-development: progress for growth and inclusiveness; transparency and accountability; security and resilience. The ministers also highlighted the importance of governmental support for innovations and implementation of AI-technologies.