RANEPA complies with the national regulations on the accessible and barrier-free environment for people with special needs including facilities for visually impaired. Buildings on campus are equipped with ramps, special lavatories and special elevators. The doors inside the buildings meet the appropriate requirements. RANEPA staff and faculty members are specially trained to meet the demands of people with special needs.
All recreation facilities are accessible for disabled students.
RANEPA educational programs include special adaptive modules (courses) that allow forming special study path for disabled students. “RANEPA Regulations on providing of the accessibility for persons with disabilities”.
Library is accessible for all. It is equipped with the permanent workplaces for students with special needs. If you have any special requirements please contact:
Phone: +7 499 956-99-33
Working language: English
Centre for inclusive education
Provided facilities for visually impaired people are available at the Centre for inclusive education, namely:
- Refreshable Braille display Focus 40 blue
- Braille embosser Everest-D
- Scanning and reading appliance SARACE
- Electronic hand video magnifier Visor SANED
- MAGiС (screen magnification software)
- JAWS for Windows (screen reader)
speech audio class "FORTE"
- Inductionsystem "Induction" port
- PC-friendly facilities
- Permanent workplace for students with special requirements
Contact person at the Centre for inclusive education:
Phone: +7 499 956-91-41
Working languages: English, French
The Center’s mission is to create conditions for the provision of inclusive education services to persons with disabilities and special needs as part of secondary general, secondary vocational and higher education programs.
- drafting the Academy's policy in regard to inclusive education of people with disabilities and special needs as part of secondary general, secondary vocational and higher education programs;
- building an optimal model of an inclusive educational environment at the Academy, which would provide for the maximum inclusion of people with disabilities and special needs;
- coordinating efforts of the various structural units and branches of the Academy for the development of inclusive professional education.
Organizational and educational activities:
- assist in organizing specialized registration of persons with disabilities and special needs with the structural divisions and branches of the Academy through their admission, training and further employment;
- assist in organizing the collection of information (with written consent of the persons with disabilities and special needs) about the state of their health, and recommendations of medical and social experts or the psychological, medical and pedagogical commission;
- provide organizational, psychological, technological, medical, rehabilitation and social support of the educational process, including for people with disabilities studying remotely;
- assist people with disabilities and special needs in putting together individual educational plans;
- develop formats and methods of social and pedagogical work with people with disabilities and special needs, and ways of resolving their personal and social problems;
- organize social and cultural rehabilitation of people with disabilities, and support subsequent employment of graduates with disabilities.
Research and methodology activities:
- conduct fundamental and applied research on issues of accessibility of professional education for people with disabilities, arrange pilot and practical implementation of these projects at the Academy, taking into account the current trends in the modernization of Russian education and its integration into the global educational system;
- implement the educational plans for persons with disabilities based on the recent education achievements and research, introduce active teaching methods, teaching aids and modern information and special educational technologies in adaptation modules;
- compile and publish teaching plans, programs and methodologies aimed at better adaptation, inclusive education and support of students with disabilities;
- develop and apply distance learning methods for persons with disabilities;
- advise the structural units of the Academy and individual experts on the use of inclusive and rehabilitation technologies;
- organize and participate in the training, refresher training and advanced training of specialists in accessibility of professional education for persons with disabilities: administrative and support staff, faculty, and social workers;
- organize academic events (seminars and conferences) on the development and implementation of effective technologies for working with people with disabilities and people with special needs;
- involve psychological support specialists, professionals using special hardware and software for training people with disabilities or any other specialists needed to comprehensively support the educational process of people with disabilities and people with special needs.
Outreach and coordination activities:
- cooperate with structural divisions, branches and services of the Academy to implement inclusive training and support the educational process of students with disabilities and special needs;
- cooperate with public authorities and local governments, as well as public organizations, to assist in vocational education and employment of persons with disabilities;
- cooperate with educational authorities, educational organizations, the admission commission and structural divisions of the Academy for the organizational and methodological support of the admission of applicants with disabilities and persons with special needs;
- participate in building a free information exchange network aimed at expanding the availability of vocational education to persons with disabilities, conduct sociological surveys, open events such as conferences and seminars, publish research and methodology, information and advertising materials;
- cooperate, in the prescribed manner, with the media to form public opinion on the problems of vocational education of persons with disabilities, their socialization and integration into society;
- create and support databases and special websites on issues of teaching people with disabilities and people with special needs;
- prepare and implement research, educational and popular science publishing projects on issues of inclusive vocational education and problems of social integration of people with disabilities and people with special needs;
- exchange experience and participate in international and Russian research and methodology conferences on the problems of accessibility of vocational education for persons with disabilities;
- organize events to share experience and promote effective inclusive and rehabilitation technologies.