Department for international development informs that The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD announced scholarships for 2019-2020 in Germany. They are available for Masters and Ph.D. courses in the best universities of Germany. List of courses and application deadlines can be found on the official site.
The DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries. Citizens of the listed countries are welcomed to apply for scholarships. You could check, weather your country is included under “Application Procedure”. The Russian Federation is not included in the list above.
DAAD Scholarships are fully funded scholarships. It will cover all the costs of the program:
- depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates;
- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover;
- travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- candidates have a Bachelor degree in an appropriate subject;
- candidates have at least two years’ professional experience;
- English language requirements: depending on the chosen study programme; please check the scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
The applications have to be sent directly to the respective University. Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the according courses! The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
List of the required documents (in the stated order):
- DAAD application form can be found under “Application Procedure”;
- a hand-signed CV (please use the Europass specimen) ;
- a hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation), maximum of 2 pages;
- academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date);
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letter must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date);
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and – if possible – a guarantee of reemployment.
Proof of language abilities:
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: DAAD only accept an academic TOEFL)
- German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
- (certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- (certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
More information could be found on the official site.