Junior Professional Program - Assistant Lawyer at Council of Europe
The RANEPA Department for International Development reports that the Council of Europe has announced a vacancy for the position of assistant lawyer in Strasbourg, France, under its Junior Professional Program.
- Examine and deal with applications in cases that can be dealt with in a standard manner;
- Draft decisions, minutes, reports, notes and other documents;
- Advise applicants, in correspondence or, if necessary, in interviews, on the conditions of admissibility of applications;
- Attend the Court’s sessions and present applications;
- Assist one or more experienced case-lawyers, where necessary, in the preparation of Chamber cases for examination by the Court.
- A higher education degree in law obtained in the Russian Federation;
- At least six months’ professional experience in the legal field in the Russian Federation or in international Organizations;
- A very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Council of Europe (English, French) and ability to draft legal texts therein clearly and precisely; excellent knowledge of Russian (mother tongue level);
- Citizenship of one of the 47 member States of the Council of Europe;
- Under 35 years of age at the closing date of the vacancy notice.
· Employment based on a fixed-term contract;
· A basic monthly gross salary of €3,400, medical insurance, 32 working days leave per year and other benefits (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.);
· Staff recruited under this scheme get a once-only opportunity of employment for a total maximum duration of four years and are not eligible for any subsequent internal competition, promotion, transfer or secondment;
· In case of the candidate’s profile’s partial compliance, they may be placed on a reserve list, valid for a maximum of four years.
More information can be found here.
Deadline for applications: September 23, 2019.
Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system.