Financial Control and Public Audit: What makes this program unique? Explain IPACS RANEPA
We continue to present undergraduate and graduate programs offered at the Presidential Academy. RANEPA Institute of Public Administration and Civil Service (IPACS) presents its bachelor's degree program, Financial Control and Public Audit.
1. What makes the program unique?
The Financial Control and Public Audit program was launched in 2013 and supported by the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation. Designed to foster a new generation of economists who see themselves as professional leaders in economics and finance, in strategic state and corporate governance, or regional socioeconomic development, the program focuses on providing fundamental economic knowledge as well as practical skills in analysis, audit, and regulation and oversight.
• longstanding traditions of training personnel for the civil service;
• long-term cooperation with state financial bodies and commercial audit companies that operate in various sectors of the economy;
• student lab at the Central Office of the Bank of Russia in the Central Federal District. Students get the opportunity of doing research guided by practicing teachers, academic consultants, holders of prestigious degrees, and supervisors from the Central Bank;
• academic mobility programs at European universities.
2. What exactly will I be learning?
• how to analyze socioeconomic problems and processes occurring in society and predict their development;
• how to collect and process analytical data for making organizational and managerial decisions;
• how to do analysis for financial control and governmental audit using modern domestic and foreign tools for collecting and processing financial, accounting and other data;
• auditing in accordance with international standards and the modern system of requirements for the quality of state and corporate governance;
• how to use modern tools and information technologies to calculate and substantiate economic indicators that reflect performance of economic entities.
In addition, graduates are professionally fluent in a foreign language (possibly two, including English, French, German, Spanish, etc.), and have high motivation for professional activity.
3. What kind of degree/diploma will the school award?
Bachelor of Economics, specialty “Financial Control and Public Audit.”
4. Who teaches the program?
Our faculty includes representatives of academia as well as experienced practitioners, representatives of major businesses and government corporations.
5. What kind of career will I be able to pursue with this degree?
Our graduates pursue careers in economics and finance, as well as strategic state and corporate governance. Your potential employers and options for internship include the Central Bank of Russia, the Federal Treasury, the Federal Customs Service, the Federal Anti-Monopoly Service, Federal Taxation Service Inspectorates, the Federal Financial Monitoring Service, the Government Office, regional financial authorities, the Energy Ministry, the State Duma, state and commercial internal control and audit services, audit firms and national professional guilds.
As of 2021, 100% of 2020 graduates were employed. Their employers in 2020-2021 include FAS, Federal Taxation Service Directorates, Rosneft, Roscosmos, Gazprom, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Bank of Russia, the Central Bank’s Main Directorate for the Central Administrative District, the Federal Treasury, Interregional Operational Department of the Federal Treasury, Interregional Accounting Department of the Federal Treasury, Office of the Federal Treasury for Moscow, Office of the Federal Treasury for the Moscow Region, the Moscow Region’s Department of Finance, and Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation.
6. What do I need to do to enroll?
Applicants are required to provide their National Final School Exam (EGE) scores in Mathematics, Russian, and Social Studies / Computer Science and ICT (either one at your choice). State scholarships are available for the four-year full-time program; tuition costs 335,000 rubles a year. There is a part-time option, five years, 280,000 rubles/year, no state scholarships available.
Contacts: +7 (915) 212-6143, +7 (499) 956-0968, +7 (499) 956-9418, +7 (499) 956-9410