How do you learn about legal support for financial technology? Explanation provided by the IPACS of RANEPA
The website of the Presidential Academy continues to provide information about the unique programs of RANEPA institutes. Today we are presenting the "Legal Enforcement of Financial Technology" (PROFIT) program implemented by the Institute of Public Administration and Civil Service (IPACS) of RANEPA. The program focuses on training financial lawyers with knowledge of modern digital technologies.
- What is the program, basically?
- The PROFIT program combines basic legal training of students with two specializations: financial and legal regulation of digital relations. The financial sector has always attracted young and ambitious lawyers, as the legal issues it raises are among the most complex to solve. In addition to legal expertise, these issues also require a lot of applied knowledge: understanding of the technology of modern banking system based on the functioning of information platforms and marketplaces, modern electronic payment systems, digital currency transactions, etc.
- What will students learn from the program?
- Training under the PROFIT program is based on four main aspects:
- Studies of classic legal subjects such as criminal, civil, family, financial, banking, labor, land law, arbitration, civil, criminal procedure, forensics and many others, providing students with the basic qualification of a lawyer.
- Studies of special legal disciplines, including information technology in legal activities, legal reference systems, analytics and consulting in legal activities, international financial law, digital financial assets, copyright and intellectual property, and a number of others. The program of additional professional knowledge is formed on the basis of students' specialization in the financial sphere and legal issues of digital relations.
- In-depth studies of financial and economic disciplines, such as the basics of modern economic theory, basics of digital economy, taxes and taxation, financial markets and financial technology, other subjects, which provide students with additional knowledge in economics and finance.
- Studies of applied disciplines related to digitalization: data management, digital technologies in financial activity, technologies of decision-making in management, economy, business; information security, cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies, smart contracts, etc. This allows students to gain up-to-date technological knowledge and skills needed in today's digital world.
– Who are the teachers and how is the training structured?
- PROFIT training is based on the principle of blended learning, which allows for combining classic teaching methods and modern educational technologies. For example, students visit banks to get a first-hand knowledge of the work of bank lawyers, as well as to see for themselves the application of new digital technologies in the banking sphere. Presentations by leading experts in the field of digitalization and finance have also become an indispensable element of the teaching practice. Our students can learn about future trends in finance and put their questions directly to the practicing expert.
Many of the faculty members in our program hold academic degrees and have extensive experience practicing law as judges, prosecutors, attorneys, and corporate bank lawyers. Experts directly involved in the legal support of digitalization processes, development and application of new digital technologies, including software, as well as leading professionals from PROFIT partner companies are invited to teach special disciplines.
- What fields of work will graduates be able to work in?
- Graduates of the PROFIT program can work as highly-paid lawyers:
· in the financial sphere related to the banking system, insurance organizations, investment companies, operation of professional participants of the currency and securities market, operators of financial information systems, etc;
· in information technology and telecommunications, combining the activities of telecommunications operators, software developers, mobile applications included;
· in Internet commerce, related to the activities of online shops, marketplaces, modern electronic payment systems, trade information platforms.
Our graduates will also be able to work in the public finance and economic sector
· at the federal level: in the Bank of Russia, the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, the Federal Tax Service, the Federal Treasury, the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation, state non-budgetary funds, etc;
· at the regional level: in financial and tax authorities of the federal subjects of the Russian Federation.
- Is it hard to enroll in the program? What does one need to do for it??
- This year all documents are submitted electronically on the Academy portal lk.ranepa.ru. You must submit your unified state exam results for the following subjects: the Russian language, social studies and, at the student's choice, history or a foreign language. More information on admission to the PROFIT program is available on the program page. To get consultation, please use WhatsApp: +7 999 849-59-00.