Sberbank, RANEPA sign cooperation deal
Sberbank has signed an agreement on research, practice and academic cooperation with the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA) during the 24th St. Petersburg International Economic Forum. The document was signed by Sberbank Chairman German Gref and RANEPA Rector Vladimir Mau.
Under the agreement, the parties intend to implement joint projects in the field of research, education and technology development in a number of areas, including:
- organization of practicums and internships for RANEPA students in Sberbank ecosystem;
- assistance in organizing research and practice, as well as career counseling events;
- cooperation in training and professional development, including for civil servants;
- training of Java development engineers and specialists in other areas of interest to Sberbank at RANEPA;
- joint implementation of acceleration and other programs aimed at the development of youth technology entrepreneurship;
- advanced IT training of Sberbank employees at RANEPA;
- creation of joint labs and centers of excellence for educational and research and practice programs.
The parties regard this agreement as a basis for the further development of ties between them and the extension of cooperation to other areas.
“RANEPA and Sberbank have been fruitfully cooperating for many years in implementing joint educational programs and in applied research. This cooperation will expand in many fields. Our joint plans include the development and implementation of educational programs for students and for established professionals, including civil servants, as well as holding events and creating labs and centers of excellence for new research and applied projects on various subjects. The Presidential Academy is a fast-growing nationwide research and educational ecosystem catering to learners from the age of 16 and throughout their lives – a place to do research, to implement your own projects and build your life and career path. I believe that by combining their resources, experience and competencies, RANEPA and Sberbank will achieve truly outstanding results and create new opportunities to support talent and develop remarkable projects,” RANEPA Rector Vladimir Mau said.
“Like any dynamic business, Sberbank is in need of offbeat people capable of thinking out of the box, and of original ideas. Universities are natural centers of attraction for such people and ideas. Young people, students with their unharnessed energy and confidence that anything is possible are often the ones to find new solutions. To connect with them, Sberbank always eagerly cooperates with universities. RANEPA is one of the leading universities in Russia; we have been closely cooperating for many years. The Academy’s graduates work in major companies, including Sberbank. I am sure that together with RANEPA, we will be able to implement a lot of fascinating educational and research projects,” said German Gref, President and Chairman of the Board of Sberbank.