What do four Eduniversal Palmes of Excellence mean and how will they help build your career? Explain FESS RANEPA
The Presidential Academy continues enrollment for undergraduate and graduate programs. Below is a presentation of master's degree programs offered by the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences (FESS), RANEPA. Is there a chance to win a state scholarship? Is there a way to become a business management specialist in two years? What prospects does this degree open up for a graduate? And why choose the Presidential Academy? Check out the Q&A below.
1. What master's degree programs does FESS offer?
FESS offers three specialties for a Master’s degree. Two are Russian: Project Management and Small Business Management (Entrepreneurship). There is also a new one FESS developed jointly with Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore). NTU is one of the best universities in the world and holds 11th place in the QS World University Rankings, which is the reason the joint program is extremely interesting and popular. At the same time, the school’s Russian programs are also good – both have four Eduniversal Palmes of Excellence. Graduates of Russian programs are awarded one Master of Management degree.
2. What is interesting about the Russian programs? How do they differ from other similar ones?
The advantage of FESS programs is that our school has real effective partnerships with several international companies represented in Russia such as Bosch, BMW, DeLonghi, Pfizer, Pepsico, Coca-Cola, L'Oreal and Avon, as well as with the Russian-German Chamber of Foreign Trade, Russian Railways, and Sberbank. Leading specialists from these companies deliver classes sharing valuable first-hand experience with the participants.
The partner companies also give students assignments to research business processes, develop brands, research business communications, analyze Big Data, etc. Students work on business projects for six months with master's project teams from European partner universities.
An important innovation this year – our Master's program will be complemented with courses from the largest educational resource, Coursera, taught by the world's best management professionals.
3. What are the benefits of the Small Business Management program?
This program focuses on the personal and professional qualities one needs to develop a small business. An entrepreneur needs to have even stronger professional competencies than a manager – to be a manager, an economist, a financier and a lawyer all in one.
The program content is of special interest: last year, it was the only Russian program included in the world’s Top 100 Best Masters Ranking in Entrepreneurship (number 38). The program is really quite effective: over the 30 years of the school's work, hundreds of graduates have grown from small business owners to major business leaders – owners of factories, agencies, companies and even bigger holdings.
4. Who applies to your programs?
It isn’t even surprising that Project Management attracts a wider audience besides graduates with bachelor's degrees in Economics or Management. People who majored in very different things also become interested when they realize that Project Management is the most convenient option when it comes to extending to a new professional field. Doing projects, they will be able to immerse themselves in management and understand business administration, and eventually it’ll bring them closer getting the desired job in the chosen company. Moreover, we can also help them with employment in these companies. The overwhelming majority of our students combine study and work, and their daily routine includes their job or internship during the day, and after 7 pm, classes in person or online.
5. Does the school offer any additional certificates besides the Master’s degree?
1) Small Business Management is a project management program, so our Masters are awarded a Russian certificate (PM Standard).
2) Some people manage to earn an international project management certificate (Project Management Professional).
3) They can also explore the Lean Manufacturing + Lean Six Sigma concept, which is the main approach in modern business management. These students receive certificates at three levels: yellow, green and black belts.
4) FESS students are required to develop at least one business project commissioned by an international corporation. Upon completion, companies issue them a certificate of participation in an international project.
5) It is also possible to get an English proficiency certificate such as IELTS, TOEFL, CAE, or GMAT.
Almost all of the above certificates can be obtained without additional charges.
6. I’d like to enroll. How much does the training cost and what entrance tests do I have to take?
Tuition costs 350,000 rubles a year. But we have a system of discounts ranging from 20% to 50%. A discount can be granted for various reasons, including for a good result in your entrance test.
The test is called the Interdisciplinary (Written) Management Exam. There are two exam dates; the test is taken online.
State scholarships are also available for both programs.