What does a corporate compliance officer do and how are they trained at RANEPA?
RANEPA Institute of Public Administration and Civil Service (IPACS) offers unique educational programs. One of them is the Master's program Government Regulation of the Corporate Sector and Compliance. Check out the article below to understand what compliance is, why it is so important for modern managers, and what exactly students will be learning.
- What is unique about this program?
- Compliance is a system for monitoring and managing risks that arise from violating the law. The concept penetrated the Russian environment from major foreign corporations, where compliance has long been an integral part of doing business.
Our program is the first in Russia to offer a degree in this segment and is fully devoted to corporate regulations and compliance.
- What exactly will the students be learning?
- Compliance managers are responsible for the company and its internal processes’ compliance with rules, laws and regulations, including charters of industry associations, and corporate ethics.
The students will learn how to plan and implement corporate compliance strategies, develop internal regulations, and identify critical risks of non-compliance.
They will gain skills in supporting external audits, conducting internal audits and investigations, monitoring and analyzing the requirements of legislation and industry regulators.
- What kind of degree/diploma will the school award?
- Master of State and Municipal Administration (code 38.04.04). A supplement to your diploma will state your specialty/program – Government Regulation of the Corporate Sector and Compliance.
- How is the training structured?
- The learning process includes theoretical and interactive sessions. Along with attending lectures and seminars, the students will take part in trainings and business games, thematic discussions, and conferences. They will also participate in internships at federal, regional and local governments, government agencies and commercial companies.
- What kind of jobs can I pursue with this degree?
- Graduates of the program will be in demand in state and municipal authorities, local governments, state corporations and companies co-owned by the state, as well as private companies.
- What do I need to do to enroll?
- Applicants for full-time or distance options will be invited for an interview; those who choose a part-time format will take a written test.